The island of Dugi otok is famous for its numerous cultural and historical monuments.
Among sacral monuments the most important is a parish church “Uznesenje BDM” in Sali. In the church collection of monuments there are two fragments of stone plastic decorated with threefold braids. These two fragments are part of the same baluster that is secondarily used as a gravestone. Many such sites have been found on the area of the early medieval Croatian state and based on these analogies we may assume the time of their occurrence from the end of 9th to the end of 10th century, which only confirms that this church already existed in pre-Romanesque period.
Church of St. John, Sali
Church of St. John appeared very early in documents. Its oldest monument dates back to 1064 or 1065, when the church was mentioned under the name cela Sancti Iohannis.
Church of St. Victor, Sali
On the high ground “citorij”, on slopes of the hill Stivanja gora, lie remnants of the church of St. Victor. Pre-Romanesque altar partition was very modest and simply ornamented and thus may be concluded that it dates far in the past, between the mid-8th and the mid-9th century.
There are ruins of architecture and fragments of church furniture (two fragments of baluster and impost capital). Unfortunately, until today there have been no archaeological excavations on Koženjak at the place of Sali, so that we don't have any indications as to how the church, whose fragments of stone furniture those are, looked like.
On the small hill of Sukavac, in the southeast of Dugi otok, in the midst of peninsula that on the north side closes the cove of Telašćica at the place of Sali, lie ruins of a small church that are traditionally called “Crkvina”.
St. Pelegrin, Savar
St. Pelegrin (World Heritage Site) is a pre-Romanesque construction of central shape, angular ground plan with ovoid dome on pillars.
(SOURCE: tz dugiotok)